Nope, they don’t want to hear from you
By: Lesley Hensell
Have you seen it? Amazon tweaked Seller Central home page. For long-time sellers, the recent redesign to Seller Central seems nonsensical at best. Widgets can’t be moved. A huge amount of whitespace fills the middle. Key metrics like the account’s balance are below the fold and require a scroll. But perhaps most confounding is the absence of two key widgets that have graced the home page for as long as I can remember. The case log has disappeared, as has the store’s feedback rating.
That’s right, Amazon tweaked Seller Central page to reduce contact with sellers. So, what’s a seller to do? You just have to:
- Click deeper
- Make sure you still keep cases and feedback top-of-mind, even though you don’t have the visual queue to do so
For your case log, do this:
- On the home page, at the top-right, click on “help”
- Toward the right-top of the Help page is a small link for “case log”; if you don’t have open cases, this link may not be visible and you must scroll to the bottom of the page to click “case log”
To check your feedback, do this:
- Under the “Performance” menu, choose “feedback”
- This will give you the Feedback Manager screen, where you can dispute negative and neutral feedback
Lesley is co-founder and co-owner of Riverbend Consulting, where she oversees the firm’s client services team. She leverages two decades as a small business consultant to advise clients on profitability and operational performance. Lesley has been an Amazon seller for almost a decade.